Saturday, January 19, 2013

It's all about me.

In June of 2011, I was diagnosed with breast cancer and spent that year and most of the next at war with myself. The year 2011 was mostly in and out of hospitals—chemo, a heart attack, and a mastectomy. Then into 2012 there was radiation and finally double knee joint replacement. In the middle of all of this, just before the knee surgery, I started Dragonfly Editing, which has been such a blessing to me, there is nothing like reading to take your mind off things you don't want to think about. I have to thank all of the amazing authors who have helped me through this. You didn't know you were helping, but believe me, you were! And you continue to help. I am so thankful there are people who can't stop writing, the way I can't stop reading!

On Tuesday I finally will have my reconstruction surgery and that, hopefully, will be the last time. Though I'll be in hospital for a week, I'll have my laptop with me! I can't stop reading just as I can't stop breathing. Editing is like breathing mountain-top air... Bonus!

Many thanks to all 'my' authors for trusting me with their creations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment