Saturday, September 7, 2013

Another Houdini Dog Update

In April and May of this year I posted about my two Chocolate Lab Houdini dogs. From about the end of May until about a week ago all was quiet on the dog front.

Our son ran into one side of the secondary driveway gate, creating a small gap in the wooden slats. The big oops was in not closing that small gap immediately! Because he could see out to the street, Tuk thought he could chew his way out to get there. Like the little engine who could... and Dora the blue fish... Tuk just kept chewing. He and Walker saw an opening, and went through it!

I received a call from our neighbor an hour after I left the house... the gate was broken down completely and the dogs were nowhere to be seen. Wish I had taken pictures again, but frankly I was so upset that I didn't even think of it!

We repaired the fence, strengthened it by putting extra 2 x 4's across the middle on each side and reinforcement across the top and bottom of the slats.

Should anyone need  to have their house houdini-dog proofed, I believe we've got it figured. (hope that's not famous last words!)

At least the kitten isn't mad at Walker!IMG_20130906_214955_890-1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment