Thursday, May 30, 2013

Update on the Houdini Labs

It's been about 3 weeks now since the flurry of chocolate lab escapes.

Once we had the porch all buttoned down, they discovered there is one more low fence... it is behind the raspberry garden, accessible only through a six foot chain-link fence. Not attached to the neighbor's fence, the chain-link ends just a couple of inches from touching it. That was enough for the mastermind of the escapes to use his massive 90 pounds and superior canine teeth to enlarge said two inches to a hole plenty large enough for crawling through. Once inside, it was a piece of cake to leap a mere 4 foot fence.

Having fixed that final (hopefully) flaw of fencing, it has been, as I said, a few weeks of no escapes. I hesitate to even write this, as I believe the chocolates read my posts and take it as a challenge!

I'm glad to see June come, more sunshine, the dogs all like to sleep in the sun... picturing quiet times...   :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment