Monday, November 19, 2012

Hugh Howey

When I think of science fiction, I think of Jack Chalker, Andre Norton, Ann McCaffery, Issac Asimov, Mercedes Lackey to name a few. Huge fan of those authors, collected all their books. I am now a fan of Hugh Howey.

For someone who has been reading science fiction since the '70s, it has been a challenge to find someone (other than the above mentioned) who is able to pull me into a world thoroughly enough to actually read 6 of their books! In a row! In fact, I do believe that Hugh Howey is the first since then!

For those who project themselves into the world built by authors, the Wool series (or Silo series) is perfect. During the read (one right after another) I was living in the silo while reading and when I wasn't reading I was thinking of the dynamics of the characters, mechanics of living there, and impossibility of something like that actually working. To me, that is the sign of a great writer.

This author is a must read, I don't care what he writes, you must read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment