Friday, June 22, 2018

Busy Busy Busy

I apologize to everyone for the lack of activity recently.

I've continued editing, but life crashed into me so hard that I fell down on the posting and reviewing of the books.

In September of 2017 I had to have 5 more stents placed in my heart. It was shortly after that I was told my breast cancer returned and was now Stage IV Metastatic Breast Cancer. Having completed radiation treatment, ongoing injections and chemo pills, and alternative treatments, I'm pleased to say the cancer is gone. We'll deal with anything else that happens, when it happens.

We made the move from Spokane, WA, to Las Vegas, NV, this spring. The warm dry air will help with arthritis, and it will be fun to spend time with the family here. Moving is such a pain, though!

In the meantime, my calendar is full for this year. There will be a rate increase next year, though it's not a huge one. I kind of rebel at charging industry standard. I understand the dynamics of pricing, but I'm a super small business... can't imagine that I would affect the whole in a great way. That being said, my accountant said I need to increase a bit.

The new rates for 2019 will be Proofread $3.50/1000 words, and Copy Edit $5.50/1000. This is a $1.00/1000 word increase.

My intention is to get back into the swing of editing, then posting and reviewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment